Community Outreach Coordinator
713 Monroe Ave., Rochester, NY
Job Duration: 1 year with the potential to extend based on performance
Flower City Arts Center
We are a community-based not-for-profit that educates, encourages and inspires all people to create and enjoy the arts. Established in 1970, The Flower City Arts Center is located in an historic firehouse, built in 1895-1905 (Try to find evidence of the fire poles next time you're here!). We are the only community visual arts center conveniently located within the City of Rochester. In 1973, the Arts Center incorporated as a 501(c)3 not-for-profit educational institution.
The Flower City Arts Center offers programs in three visual arts areas: Book Arts, Ceramics, and Photography. We produce youth programs, classes and workshops, provide facilities to our studio artists, and exhibit work in our galleries. We collaborate with community groups for the benefit of all. Our photography, ceramics and book arts programs are available to community members of all ages, income and background.
The Flower City Arts Center is an Institutional Member of the National Guild for Community Arts Education.
Title: Community Outreach Coordinator, Flower City Arts Center
Supervisor: Executive Director
Function: Increase awareness of and participation in the art centerís programs. Outreach to areas with traditionally lower access to these programs. Included are urban and rural communities with connections for individuals, businesses, students and teachers.
Include but are not limited to:
- Increase public awareness of arts center programs especially in rural and urban neighborhoods not currently being served through participation at events and in individual meetings
- Enroll students (all ages) in programs and services
- Establish, with program directors, new options for site-specific programs in these areas
- Connect with businesses to secure employee options for art programs
- Connect with educational (K-12) institutions for student programs and teacher professional development
- Partner with non-arts organizations (eg religious, civic or other organizations) for programming for their participants
Part time 30 hrs/week. Evenings/weekends required. Vacation/Sick benefits. Pay based on experience.
Incentives for superior performance.
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- General knowledge of organization and trends in education and the arts
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Proven ability in person-to-person sales
- Comfortable with cold-calling
- Highly goal-oriented
- Ability to develop materials for use in presentation/sales meetings
- Ability to plan, organize and track work independently
- Knowledge of various word processing and Adobe software packages
- Team player and able to work with people of all education, economic and culturally
No calls. Resume, salary requirements and two references to:
Flower City Arts Center
713 Monroe Avenue
Rochester, NY 14607